Change “one day” into “today.
Shanghai Summer School provides you with an experience on which you can build the rest of your life. A new language, new friends and a new perspective.
Leaving your comfort zone will be the best decision you have ever made.
Shanghai Summer School is set in a way that it represents an optimal balance between language learning, exploring Chinese culture, meeting and learning from successful entrepreneurs and discovering stories of everyday people. In the mornings, Shanghai Summer School participants will take classes in the Chinese Language, the most widely spoken First Language in the world. Afternoons will be devoted to business and cultural workshops. After which, participants will venture onto the streets of Shanghai to put to practice their freshly learned knowledge, and to discover the true essence of the city first hand.
WHO IS IT FOR
Shanghai Summer School is for the open-minded, and for those determined to make it count. It’s for the adventurous, for those in need of a fresh start and for those who already know what they are after.
Like Shanghai, our Global Family consists of a vastly diverse group of people. They have one thing in common though, they share the same incredible passion for life and want to live it to its fullest.
- One month accommodation in double bedrooms of international students dorm of Donghua University
- Welcome orientation of the university campus and the city-centre
- A local SIM card
- Shanghai Summer School Starter Kit (SOS guide, Shanghai Summer School T-shirt, stickers and wristband, an online map)
- Centrally located accommodation (for 28 nights)
- Comprehensive Chinese Classes (total of 67 hours)
- Completion certificate issued by Donghua University and Shanghai Summer School
- Cultural workshops
- Business workshops
- Company visits
- A day trip to Suzhou – “Venice of the East”
- A visit to Shanghai Tower (the World’s 2nd tallest building)
- Night Cruise on the Huangpu River
- Superior nightlife experience (Guest list entrance, table reservations)
- 24/7 assistance
For more details, please refer to the FAQ tab!
Donghua University is the perfect Shanghai Summer School partner. Its academic excellence combined with the international nature of its student campus make it ideal for a truly global experience. Donghua was one of the first in China to open its doors to foreign students. Today, more than 20,000 students live and study on its central Yanan Road campus in the city centre. It excels in many fields .but is a true leader in space-related textile technology. Donghua University had a part to play in the design of a spacesuit for the Chinese Space Program!
Sunday, 15th of July 2018 – Sunday, 12th of August 2018
Room Check-in is on the 15th of July and Official Opening is on Monday, the 16th of July 2018.
The Official Closing Ceremony will be on Friday the 10th of August 2018, and we say goodbye on Sunday the 12th of August 2018.
Complete 1-month Shanghai Summer School experience:
Super Early bird – 1190€ (SOLD OUT)
- Early Bird price (deadline for applications 15th of February 2018) – 1290€
- Regular price (for applications after 15sth of February 2018) – 1390€
Still have questions? Check our FAQ.